Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!



My dad doesn't read my blog (too busy?) but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve his recognition on this day of his.  My dad is so much the reason I am who I am today.  When I need help/advice/to laugh/to cry/to talk about the game last night the first person I call is my Dad.  He's number 1 in my speed dial for a reason.

He never judges me and sometimes he just listens to what is bothering me.  When he knows I need it he dishes out the advice - even if it's something hard to hear at times.  He knows my good days and when I'm having a rough time.

Not only am I lucky enough to have Dad as my dad, my three sisters get to share him with me.  I'm not sure if they all have the same relationship that I do with my dad, but I know there are nights when he doesn't get to eat dinner for an hour after he sits down at the table because each of us needs something at the same time and he'll never ignore a phone call from any of us.  It's comforting knowing Dad is only a button away.



They always say you look for a man who reminds you of your dad, and I think I've done a pretty good job.  Stephen is strong, independent, gentle and loving at the same time.  He knows what I need and he's there with a shoulder to lean on or when I need a partner in crime.



A great Friday night is sitting on the couch watching the game or going out for some great food and wine.  I know I don't have to worry about so many things in my life because Stephen is there for me.  He'll never replace my dad, he's a great bonus.  And the one day, hopefully in many many years to come when I have to say good bye to my dad, I know Stephen will be more than able to take over the empty role.  And I know he'll be the father to our kids that my dad was to me.

Photo by Jenn Hopkins Photography




Daddy, thanks for always being there and never letting me down.  Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment