Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wedding Planning - Post #17 - Nail Polish

In the great big picture of wedding planning, knowing what nail polish you're going to wear on the big day isn't really top priority.  I'm surprised that I even thought about it this far in advance (two weeks!).  It seems like it should be a spur of the moment decision at the nail salon the day before the wedding.

But you're reading a blog written by me = the world's best planner.  I love to plan.  I love to make lists, I love checking off items on those lists and I love knowing that when the big day comes I won't have any decisions to make because they've already been made.  So here we are at the nail color.

I was lucky enough to have a few ladies from work take me out to get a manicure and pedicure and I used the day to do a "trial run" on nail color.  (I can already see my fiancee's eyes rolling as he reads this post.)  I knew one thing for sure about what I wanted for nail color - I wanted them to be pretty neutral and natural.  I didn't want any bright colors and I didn't want to have the French Manicure that makes me feel like I'm either: #1 - a "professional" dancer or #2 - a flashback to the 80s or 90s.  Neither of those are what I'm going for on our wedding day.  If it wasn't wedding month, I would have totally jumped on the bright, summer color bandwagon.

I always use OPI nail colors because that's what I'm most comfortable with and I've been wearing them for years.  I decided on three different colors and put one on my toes and one on my fingers.

  1. Passion
  2. Mimosas for Mr and Mrs
  3. Second Honeymoon
I skipped Passion all together and went with Mimosas on my toes and Second Honeymoon on my fingers.  Mimosas is a little more white than Honeymoon but I love the way it looks.  Ultimately I decided on Second Honeymoon for the wedding day.  It looks great on my hands and it won't distract from any pictures of the wedding rings.  My shoes are a deep blue and have a peep toe so I think Second Honeymoon will look fantastic.  

I'm glad I got my mani/pedi 2 weeks out because by the time I'm ready for another one it will be wedding time!  

The question I'm getting from everyone now is, "Are you done with all of your planning?"  The answer is yes.  I'm a planner, it came easy to me.  The next two weeks will be spent organizing all of the wedding stuff that's piled up in our dining room, making lists of To Dos for my sisters for the big day and making sure my Day Of Agenda is set.  I know that like any other day, anything can happen on your wedding day, but I'm trying to prepare for anything.  Except rain, I haven't really come up with a Plan B for pictures if there is rain...  Like Scarlett O'Hara, I'll worry about that tomorrow.  

2 comments:

  1. Thrilled to find your blog! I've been so curious to see the brewery as a wedding reception venue (my boyfriend and I are huge sweetwater fans, too!) I love that you're making the ceremony about you and your new husband & throwing a big party to celebrate with friends. I'm excited to see photos of how everything turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the blog, too! I'll definitely post pictures of the venue when we decorate, I never found a decent picture of what other people had done with the space either. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete