Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sleeping on the Sun

I've been neglecting the blog, I'm sorry.  Work is so busy lately the last thing I want to do at home is to get on the computer again.

Our bedroom doesn't get the heat that the rest of the house gets which means we sometimes freeze before going to bed.  And if you're on the losing end of the middle of the night tug of war for the covers, you're also going to be cold.  We have a space heater in the room, but they frighten me and it's sooo noisy in the middle of the night when it turns on.

Stephen had a great idea, since I'm always the one who is cold, why not get me a heated blanket.  So we ordered a twin size blanket just for me.  Not too bad, $30 for warm nights, I was willing to give it a shot.  This is where he blew my mind.  Instead of placing it between the sheet and the comforter like I'd done my whole life, he put it under our down mattress pad.  AMAZING.  I got 100% of the benefit from the blanket for a few nights with it folded in half beneath me.  It's so wonderful. I'm warm all night long and I don't have to sleep pressed up against Stephen to be that way.

Last night he wanted in on the action and we spread the twin across the bed, it fits the queen perfectly.  He got into bed when it was warm and said it felt like sleeping on the sun.  Amen to that!  Mabel also loves the new warm bed.  She's now sleeping right smack in the middle of the bed.  Thanks for all the extra room, Mabes.

Bonus nugget of information:  Making your own balsamic vinaigrette is super easy!  Someone at my office was nice enough to eat all of my salad dressing and I never remember to get more at Publix.  So I looked up a recipe and made some myself.  I made enough for the week so I'm set!

1 cup of olive oil
6 tbs of balsamic vinegar
2 tbs dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all of that in a little tupperware container and take it to work!  (Did you know it had dijon mustard??  Me neither)

No comments:

Post a Comment