Friday, July 27, 2012

Front Porch Decorating

Living in the South, the outdoors is as much a part of your house as the rooms inside.  I don't know how many times I've sat on a friend's front porch with a glass of wine or a beer and watched the world go by.  Nothing may not even go by, but we're enjoying each other's company sitting on the porch.  There are so many gorgeous homes in Atlanta with giant front porches, I have front porch envy.  The size of a porch is what I notice first about any home.  Our front porch is small.  But just because it's small doesn't mean I don't intend on using it.  I just had to figure out what to do with our little space.  Oh, and don't even get me started on back patios.  I love them even more than front porches.  A good BBQ afternoon with friends around the grill on the back deck = the perfect Fall afternoon if you ask me.


So here is our front porch.  It's cute, but nothing too special.  One wall is our front door and the other is the front bedroom window.  Then you have the part that extends from the house and then you have the stairs down to the sidewalk and street.  


View of our porch from the top of the stairs

View of the porch from the front of the balcony
The part of the porch that juts out from the house is home planted flowers we're growing, nothing fancy there yet.  Basically we had a blank slate to work with.  I saw on a fellow blogger's blog that World Market was having a huge sale on all outdoor furniture - off we went!


What we really wanted to buy was already sold out.  The store clerks said they sold out pretty quick.  We actually ended up buying the floor model of the bench we found.  The final tally was $206 and we got a rug, two end tables, three outdoor pillows and the bench with a cushion.  Just $200!  I put everything together while Stephen was still at work so he could be surprised when he got home.


Look how lovely it looks! 
We didn't want to be totally matchy-matchy so we went with the orange tables and I'm so glad we did.  


I can't wait to sit outside tomorrow morning with a cup of coffee and my fiance on our new, lovely front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment