Thursday, September 8, 2011

All Fired Up Pottery

Last week a friend and I used a Groupon for pottery studio, All Fired Up.  Similar to the painting class that we attended together, you can bring your own wine to the studio... there is a trend, I know.

It goes like this.  You pick out your blank piece of pottery from an entire wall of options from salt and pepper shakers to Disney characters to picture frames and serving dishes.  Kristen and I both chose serving platters to decorate.  The time in the studio is free so you can really take your time painting.  Where they get you is in the cost of the pottery.  My dish was $50.  I wouldn't pay that much for most stuff in my kitchen, but I'm happy with my end result, so it's okay.

We chose a smilar theme, you'll notice below.  And we each spend some time at work researching for ideas.

Here is how it began.


Then I had to pencil in what I wanted to do.   Interesting note - pencil marks will burn off in the firing process.  Thank goodness!


Not sure why it's sideways, but you get the idea.  Not only did I have to draw it all in pencil, then I had to paint it all then draw it again with the black paint pen.  My hands shook the whole time.


Kristen's "work of art".  I use the quotes because our plates don't like each other.  But it looks great.


The finished product!!  Stephen agreed to throw a party at the house for the UF vs UT game on Sept 17 so I can use my dish.  Perfectly acceptable reason for a party.



Another fun note - it's dishwasher safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment