Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bacon, Egg & Toast...muffins?

Have you ever gone to the grocery store and thought you bought something only to go to get it a few days later when you're home and it's not there?  Me too.  Last night.  I thought I had a easy frozen meal to make for us last night while we opened Christmas gifts, but I couldn't find it.  I even went back out to my trunk to see if it was still in the car.  Nope.  I'm losing my mind.

So I turned to Pinterest where I've saved a few recipes that I want to try.  I got this one from Martha Stewart - the woman never ceases to amaze me.  It worked out great because it was as if we were having breakfast while opening our gifts, just like we would on Christmas morning.

Martha calls these Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups - I like to call them muffins.  They were SO easy but I will note a few things I learned when using the recipe.

The finished product!


I used a slice of bread for each muffin.  I just tore the crust off instead of using a cookie cutter, my house doesn't come equipped with a wide variety of cookie cutters.


I flattened the bread with my hands, but they still needed to be squished a little bit more once in the muffin pan.  For two of us, 4 muffins was plenty.  

If you use large eggs, get ready for them to spill out a little bit.  They were a little messier than I thought they would be.  I used thick bacon, so that might have added to the problem too.  


I baked the muffins for 25 minutes, I probably could have stopped at 23, my yolks were solid.  It would have been nice to have a little bit of runny yolk.  We added cheese to the top of the muffins when they came out of the oven, too.  Great call, Stephen.  

These were so great, I can't wait to make them again.  Everything you need for breakfast in one bite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment