Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Came Early!

Do you have that one thing you've been looking at in store windows for years?  That one, single thing that you know would make your life better with just it's presence in your house?  Me too.  It's the KitchenAid Stand Mixer.  I've been lusting after the mixer since college.  Every apartment or house I've lived in I can picture exactly where I'd put it.

Here she is - my dream baby

I've never hidden this desire, this dream.  Every time I pass by one of the stand mixers in a store, I stop to pay my respects and say a little prayer.  I mean, how can you NOT want one?  There are so many colors, so many things to bake and so many parts to buy!  It's an appliance with so many purposes.  

Then I met Stephen.  The one man who listens when I talk and pays attention to things I want.  He doesn't spoil me, in any way, but pays attention to the key things that he knows will make me sublimely happy.  For example, since I moved to Atlanta I've wanted to be taken on a date to Wisteria.  It was nearly 8 years before that happened, and Stephen was the one to do it.  He paid attention.  

This is our first Christmas together.  Based on how well he knows me I knew he'd find away to blow me away with his present.  I wasn't disappointed.  Last night, under the Christmas tree I opened a box that read "KitchenAid Stand Mixer".  Cue jumping up and down and hugging.


I've read the entire manual, including the recipes that came with it.  It's so beautiful in the kitchen, next to the window where it gets good, natural light.  She's my baby.  She's the biggest and baddest machine KitchenAid makes.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have a boyfriend who makes me this happy.  Don't get me wrong, it's not the material things, it's that he listens to me and knows what will make me happy.  I can't wait for all of the dinners, desserts and good memories to be made from and around this mixer.


No comments:

Post a Comment