Sunday, December 25, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

Getting ready for Christmas begins the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I can't start thinking about Christmas until after Thanksgiving, if I do, I feel like I'm cheating that holiday before it's had a chance to happen.

Getting ready for Christmas isn't just about decorating, it's also time for all the Christmas parties with friends and offices.  Lot's of drinking, lots of dressing up and so much food.  I love all of it.

I was in charge of decorating the inside of the house, Stephen was in charge of the outside.  Sadly, I haven't taking any pictures of the outside of the house - but I can assure you, he did an amazing job.  Every window has a strand of multicolored lights and the stairs have garland and bows.  The front door is wrapped as a Christmas present.  He did an amazing job.  The best part of our decorating was that we never argued.  Another sign of how perfect we are together.



The tree was put up in the dining room, basically because it was the only place for it.  Doesn't it look so pretty with our set table???  I finally get to display all of my Spode items.


On the fireplace that faces the dining room I hung lights (seen in the first picture) and then I added Santa's sleigh and the reindeer with little jingle bells.  The cut outs are from a local store in the Highlands and I knew they'd be perfect on the white fireplace.  


I ordered stockings for all of us from Pottery Barn for our first Christmas together.  I love the classic look of them against the brick fireplace.  

We've been getting a TON of Christmas cards from family and friends and I needed a way to display them. I hung a piece of ribbon from the top of our hutch and clothes pinned each and every card to the ribbon for display.  I had to add the second ribbon the other day!


My office had a Christmas party this year at The Georgia Aquarium - what a beautiful place for everyone to get together with family.  


Aren't we just perfect together!  This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.  We're in the coral reef room where they have an entire wall of a coral reef complete with tides and sunlight.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment