Friday, December 2, 2011

Horrible Bosses - Movie Review

Last night I watched Horrible Bosses, the 2011 movie with Charlie Day, Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis.  Not only those guys, but also Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell and Kevin Spacey - with a few other surprises that I won't ruin. It was such a great cast to start with, I knew it would be great.  I can't remember why I didn't go see this movie when it was released in theaters.  Charlie Day and Jason Bateman are two of my favorite actors right now.  I love their comedic styles.  I can't get enough of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and I just started watching Arrested Development.

The movie focuses on three best friends played by Day, Bateman and Sudeikis.  Each of the friends has, as you would imagine, a horrible boss.  And these bosses aren't just the type who ask you to work late on a Friday, but their absolutely horrible.  When the three are pushed to their individual limits they come up with a plan to off each other's boss.  That's when the hilarity begins.

Several times during the movie both Stephen and I were laughing uncontrollably and we even went to bed quoting some of the lines.  I'm sure a lot of it was the way the actors delivered the lines, but they were perfect.  Colin Farrell continues to surprise me with his American accent and his ability to play a different character in most of his movies.  Jennifer Aniston was shocking, in a good way.  Her character was such a departure from the Rom-Com character she normally plays and 180 degrees different than Rachel from Friends.

It was a great Thursday night, lazy in bed, after a big dinner, movie.  It would have been just as great with a bunch of friends or in the theater.  Go out and get it on Netflix.  Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment