Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Sister, the Model

My sister, Bonnie, and I are very close.  We turn to each other in times of need to talk about stuff we wouldn't tell another soul and we share the good days and bad days with each other.  It's a good thing we have unlimited texting plans and AT&T mobile-to-mobile calling.

A few months ago she told me she was flying out to Albuquerque to visit a friend.  Random place, I thought, but cool trip.  That's really all she told me and I was so caught up in my own life, sad, that I didn't ask too many questions about her trip.  She never made a big deal about the trip, so I didn't make a big deal it them either.

Today, while I was eating my afternoon snack and I had a few minutes to kill at work I decided to stalk Bonnie on facebook.  I got what I expected, some pictures of her with her NYC friends, some wall posts that I don't understand from some friends I've never met and then one post that was curious.

The post is by someone I've never met, but it thanks Bonnie for being a model.  Weird, Bonnie never mentioned she modeled for anyone, so I clicked on the link.  It brought me to a blog post on the blog of photographer Jennifer B Hudson.  I started scrolling down the pictures and all of a sudden I'm looking at my sister.  On that post she's in 10 photographs.  WHAT!?!  I immediately gchatted her and freaked out.  I can't believe she didn't tell me.

Her first picture is the 3rd photo of a girl with the horse, and she has 2 of the 3 pictures with the tee pee.  
I don't want to post any of the pictures here because I don't know the photographer, so please click on the link to see the photos.

The photos are so much more artsy and unique than anything I've ever seen Bonnie do, I can't stop looking at them.  They are such a drastic difference from the tank top and shorts wearing sister that I've known for almost 28 years.

I'm such a proud big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment