Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Game of Thrones

I've been reading like a mad woman lately.  The Kindle has really helped because I can have multiple books in one place.  Having the larger purse has helped too.  I can carry the Kindle or a book with me at all times.  LOVE IT.  

I just started reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, the first book of his A Song of Fire and Ice series.  If that sounds familiar to you, HBO has created a series based on the book series and it's doing extremely well for the network.  Entertainment Weekly does recaps of each of the episodes as it does for Dexter or Glee and it's been the talk of the trade magazines for a few weeks now.  HBO hit a jack pot.  I've heard the show has a LOT of sex which is probably helping the ratings, but I haven't read any of that in the book just yet.  Maybe I'm not far enough along yet?  I'll keep you updated.  



I've been told the book is a lot like Lord of the Rings and I've never read a true fantasy book.  I'm a fan of the movies, but I've never picked up a fantasy for pleasure reading.  

I'm keeping up with my plan to read one actual book (in my hand) and then one book on the Kindle.  But the Kindle is sooo easy, I'm really struggling with it.  I miss that it isn't in my purse at this very moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment