Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Weekend in Atlanta - Zombies, a Wedding and Chicken Wings

I've had two very busy weekends away from Atlanta and this past weekend it was very nice to get to stay home.  I also haven't posted in a while because work has been CRAZY busy.  The weekend was such a nice departure from the first few weeks of the month.

Friday night we decided to stay in and watch the end of The Walking Dead, AMC's hit new show.  WTF - that show is so awesome in so many ways.  Not only is it amazing to get to see Atlanta on screen (the show is filmed and set in Atlanta) but the costumes and makeup is first class - far better than any other cable show out there.  AMC does it right.  The plot is also fantastic.  The show takes place after zombies have taken over, how much of the planet, we don't know yet.  We only know what the characters know right now.


It's a great way to look at how far people would go to stay safe, how far people will go for family and what people will do when faced with death.  HIGHLY recommend everyone going out to get the first season.  It's only 6 episodes because AMC didn't know how well it would do.  Season 2 has started filming and it's causing street closures all over town.  There are definitely parts that make me close my eyes and wait until the scene is over, but it just makes it fun! (And the main character, Rick Grimes, is played by my favorite actor from Love Actually, Andrew Lincoln!)

Saturday was the wedding of one of my best friends, Jen.  She married the love of her life, Brent, who she met with me at a UGA game a few years back.  Only we didn't like him then, we met him AGAIN while playing kickball a few months later.  It was obvious when they started dating that they were perfect together and seeing how happy they were on their wedding day only confirmed that.  It was one of the most fun weddings I've been to.


Connie and I picked out the dress I wore to the wedding while I was in Chicago.

Sunday was spent relaxing and watching the Braves.  Boy was it HOT!  I haven't been that hot without a body of water near by in a very long time.  I love getting Dip n Dots at games but it was too hot even for ice cream, it would melt before people could finish!  We were smart and brought food and water so we stayed as cool as we could.

Sunday night Stephen and I made dinner at my place - chicken wings!  I've never made chicken wings myself, actually, I've never fried anything myself, so Stephen showed me how it's done.  What a delicious meal.  The chicken was so easy to get off the bone.  I'm not sure what restaurants are doing, but Stephen's wings were far better than any I've had eating out.

My tiny kitchen getting put to work!

mmm - 15 minutes and they're done!

The finished product - homemade blue cheese dressing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment