Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shopping for Stephen

I know this blog is supposed to be about me, but yesterday evening was all about Stephen.  He recently got a new job and with this new job came a new office dress code.  Off to the store we went!

Shopping for men's clothes is always interesting to me.  Why are they so much cheaper than women's clothes????  I mean really?!  And they are sized so much better than women's clothes.  For example:  pants.  The absolute most difficult article of clothes for me to find to fit.  I have so few options - size 6 or 8 and Short, Regular or Long.  Well of course I can only go with Long... but long to the people in the factory making my clothes don't really understand what LONG means... 32" inseam is NOT long people.  I need a 35" or 36" if I want to wear any sort of heal on my shoe.  For men, they have so many different size options.  When will this make it to women's clothes??  I need options!  I know, I know, some places have some really long pants... SOME places.  Do you know how badly I want a pair of Citizen Jeans?  Not long enough. Or to buy suit pants right off the rack... impossible.  My only option is JCrew catalog for $200 a pair.

We were very successful last night for Stephen.  He ended up with 7 or 8 polo shirts, 4 pairs of pants, a suit (a super hot suit) and new socks, boxers and undershirts.  I wish I could have shopping trips like that!  And just to note - his suit was less than one pair of pants for me.

Amen to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment