Monday, August 29, 2011

Briton and Hanieh's wedding weekend

Two of my very dear friends, Hanieh and Briton were married this weekend.  I used to work with Hanieh at my first advertising agency and she we moved in to an apartment together for a year.  In that year we met Briton through some of my friends and they started dating.  It was love at first sight.  They were inseparable from the beginning and after a year they decided they wanted to live together and I was out on my own.  That's when I discovered how much I love living alone!



Through the years Briton and Hanieh have been there for me in the good times and the bad.  Briton's family is huge and they have become an extended family of my own.  To watch the two of them say their vows and become one family was joy that I can't even put into words, I wish I could.  The wedding was absolutely gorgeous and full of love.  The reception was fabulous and one of the best receptions I've ever attended.  We danced and laughed and sang until they turned up the lights around midnight, it could have been after midnight, I don't even know.  I'm so extremely happy for two of the most special people in my life.

Before the wedding, H&B had invited me to dinner at his family's house Thursday night and included Stephen and me in the Rehearsal Dinner.  Just more examples of how caring and thoughtful they are.  Every detail of the wedding was special.  Stephen commented on how amazing the families are because it's so easy to see how genuine their love for each other really is.  He's absolutely right.


My weekend didn't 100% revolve around the wedding.  Saturday morning, Stephen and I ran the DI Dash 5k in Marietta.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but I haven't put on my running shoes since the Peachtree Road Race in July.  But I thought, if I'm going to get back into running, why not do it with a race.  The 5k was much better than the Peachtree 10k.  My goal was to finish under 36:00 and I finished at 35:57.  Thank goodness!  The first mile was all downhill  and then they killed you with two miles of uphill track.  Then the last 100 yards to the finish were a steep incline!  Thanks a lot!  But we both finished (Stephen under 28:00 minutes!) and I hope it will be a jump start to running again.



Sunday was our lazy weekend day.  We met friends at Holeman & Finch for brunch - what a great new find!  I'd never even heard about this public house, but I'll probably add this to the list for brunch OR to grab drinks.  What an interesting menu and atmosphere.  Check out their website for more information.  I won't do it justice.  (Don't order the bloody mary - the worst one I've ever tasted.  However, everything else the group ate was delicious!)

Sunday afternoon I started packing.  It's time to move again.  I'm going to be very sad to say good bye to my adorable Midtown apartment but the other end of the move is going to be even better.  Stephen and I have decided that our months of driving back and forth between apartments and conversations starting with "Can we stay at my place tonight" are over, I'm moving in to his house with him.  I'm absolutely comfortable with this decision and I know it's the right move for the right reasons.  I couldn't be happier. Yesterday I moved a few easy decorative items from my house along with 4 boxes that I've already unpacked at the house.  I can't wait to do more.  I haven't told my parents yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment