Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Kind of a Funny Story: Movie Review


What a fantastic, sweet movie this is!  It's actually one I wouldn't mind watching again and again.  The story focuses on a clinically depressed teenager, Craig, and his journey to make his life better.  He has dreams and thoughts of suicide and instead of riding his bike to a bridge to jump off, he heads right to the hospital and checks himself in.  In the ward he meets a wide variety of people, each with his or her own problems.  Everyone on the floor was nice and got along, that's the only part of the movie that I think stretched the truth too far.  Let's just hope that there isn't a teenager out there who is depressed and sees Craig's journey and thinks it can be that easy.  But if you can take the lessons he's learned for what they are, part of a movie, it's an unbelievably charming story. 

I found it impossible not to fall in love with Craig and the friends he makes in just 7 short days on the psych floor.  If this movie doesn't bring a smile to your face multiple times while you're watching, I'm disappointed in you.  Go, check out the movie, it's absolutely worth it.  I'm not one for spoilers, so that's all you're going to get out of me.

Side note:  This morning I had Greek yogurt, honey and blueberries for breakfast.  Quite the departure from my normal cereal.  LOVE IT.  It should always be blueberry season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment