Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Burn After Reading: A Movie Review

I'm going to make this one quick because I don't want to think about the movie any longer.  Stephen picked the movie - I take no blame in this one.



The cast is amazing.  Brad Pitt was absolutely weird.  I hated his character.  I didn't understand him.  Are there really people like that out there?  Also, every person in that movie was cheating on someone except for the one guy who was getting royally screwed by his wife and work. And he didn't even get revenge in the end.  Boo, Hollywood.  I've never really liked any of the Coen brothers movies and I'll add this one to that pile.

Not a single character buy John Malkovich's was worth liking.  And don't even get me started on Tilda.  That lady freaks me out.

Rating - 1 out of 5 stars.

Yes, it took me away from reality for a few hours, but not to a place I liked or want to return.  I want to be moved by a movie, happy or sad, but this one angered me.  Maybe that was the point.  I felt like the CIA guys at the end of the movie.  What did we learn?  Nothing.  (I did laugh out loud when Brad's character meet's George's character.  Not going to spoil that for any readers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment