Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia



Apparently I'm really bad at watching really funny TV shows.  I get grief from so many people because I've never watched an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  I guess the past few years I've had better things to do besides watch TV?  I think so.  Besides, Always Sunny airs on FX at 10:30pm.  When am I really watching TV at that time?  If it's not a sporting event, by that time I'm probably in bed reading or watching a movie.

ANYWAY - I've started to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia with Stephen.  I actually like it a lot. Several times an episode I find my self wondering 1. How are they getting away with that? and 2. Is it wrong that I'm actually laughing?  They love the awkward moments.  The cast is spectacular and the three main guys actually created the show and pitched it to networks.   The show focuses on 3 friends, Charlie, Dennis and Mac, who own a bar and Dennis' twin sister, Sweet Dee, who is the bartender.  They are pretty much the most selfish people on the planet and will do anything to get a person of the opposite sex into bed or to make an extra buck.  That's what I've learned so far.  Loving it.

I'm only through Seasons 1 & 2 and I'm hooked.  The addition of Danny DiVito in Season 2 changed the group dynamic, but opened up soooo many more storyline possibilities.  I can't wait to see where it goes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment