Monday, October 1, 2012

Crock Pot Challenge Grocery List

While my first crock pot meal of the challenge is cooking away at home I wanted to include the grocery list that I had for my 14 meals.  I am missing a whole chicken and a package of spices for one of the meals, so mentally add that to the below list.  Remember, this ran me $140 at Publix last night, no coupons.  Maybe one day I'll challenge myself to actually use coupons.  However, based on the deals at Publix yesterday, we did save $11 on the final bill.

AmountIngredient
15oz canTomato Sauce
1Sweet Potato
7Onions
2 lbsStewing Beef - cubed
24ozSmall Curd Cottage Cheese
12 oz canSkim Evaporated milk
3/4 cupShredded mozzarella Cheese
6 cupsShredded Italian cheese (fontina?)
2 cupsShredded Cheddar Cheese
1 contain.Ricotta Cheese
20 slicesGruyere Cheese - sliced
1/2 cupGrated Parmesan Cheese
1 boxregular lasagna noodles
3Potatoes
2 1/2 lbPork Roast
1 lbPecans
containermushrooms
2.5 cupsHalf and half
1/4 tspGround Ginger
1.5 lbsGround Beef
1/4 tspGround Allspice
6Green Peppers
3 clovesGarlic
10ozFrozen Chopped Broccoli
LoafFrench Bread
1/2 lbElbow Pasta
9Eggs
1 cupDried Figs
64 ozBeef Stock
5 stalksCelery
1 bagbaby spinach
1 cupApple Juice
110oz can tomato soup

I tried to be as specific as possible in my ingredients.  Some items on the list come in just one size package (I can't buy just 1 cup apple juice) so I bought the package size that made sense.  For items like the 1.5 lbs of ground beef, that will be split between two meals - Lasagna and the Stuffed Green Peppers.  I did have the regular pantry stuff at home that I didn't have to shop for, so those aren't on my grocery list, obviously.  I was shocked that we didn't have Ground Ginger at the house.  I'm sure I'll find that little container of spices in the back of the pantry one day.

I went home at lunch and took a peek at the stew, I can't wait for dinner!

Oh, and for no other reason than to publicly (with the few of you who read my blog) share feelings for Craig Kimbrel, closing pitcher for the Atlanta Braves.

I think he's swell


No comments:

Post a Comment