Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wedding Planning - Post #9 - More Reception Decor

Now that we have most of our big stuff out of the way we can really start focusing on the details that are going to make our reception more special.  My first post about reception decor is here.  I'm now moving on to more of the hands on DIY projects which means they're all taking a little bit longer.

For a baby shower I hosted a few months ago I wrapped a letter N in twine for the baby's nursery.  It was a HUGE hit.  Of all the decorations at the house that was the one people commented on the most.  I've seen tons of yarn wrapped letters on Pinterest and decided to incorporate the first letters of our first names into the reception decor as well.


We chose to wrap each letter in a different color using our wedding colors.  I have to give Stephen a big shout out here, he wrapped the S, all of it.  He did such a good job.  I think they look fantastic.  Right now they are on our mantle next to the Kiefer mugs and flowers.  I'm not sure where their final home will be, but I love looking at them.

We learned a lot while wrapping these bad boys.  You can never use too much hot glue on the back side of the letters.  And if you have to wrap over a section you've already wrapped over because of a curve or sharp angle in the letter, that's okay.  Not ever letter is shaped like a T which I'm sure is the easiest letter to wrap.

I'm also working on a bunting project for one of the outside railings that will be very visible from inside the reception venue.  Until a few weeks ago I'd never even heard the term bunting and here I am trying to decorate 35 feet.  It's a work in progress and I'll have a full blog post about that when I'm done with it, complete with tutorial.  This website is my inspiration.   Because I don't have a sewing machine yet, I'm going with the no-sew bunting.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through cutting the fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment