I love decorating for the holidays/seasons/months/birthdays/etc and because our front door is the first thing guests will see when they come to our house, I want to make sure it's always decorated in some way. Right now, for Florida Football we have the Gator Ribbon Wreath that I made a few weeks ago. The Gators are undefeated right now so it's not going anywhere until after the last regular season game.
|Supplies for the yarn Christmas wreath|
I was aiming for something simple yet classic looking and also something I should help others make for their homes. I came up with a yarn wrapped wreath with some really pretty, fake poinsettias and red ribbon.
To make my wreath you'll need:
- Foam circle from a craft store or dollar store. Mine is a 12" circle
- Fake poinsettias or any other holiday decor you'd like to display. We toyed with some holly or even some white flowers but landed on the poinsettias because of their bright red color.
- Yarn, any color that you want while matching your flower choice. I went with a deep green. The yarn aisle at Michael's had about 10 different dark greens to choose from.
- Ribbon to hang the wreath. You could also hang this wreath from a wreath hook, it's up to you.
- Hot glue gun and scissors.
|Wrap the yarn around the foam circle|
|Yarn wrapped wreath - it's almost done!|
Once it's all wrapped I secured it with hot glue. I made sure the loose end was glued securely to the rest of the yarn. It doesn't have to look pretty, it won't be seen once the wreath is complete.
|Add the pretty poinsettia to the wreath|
Give the glue some time to cool down and harden and then it's time to hang! I used some red ribbon that we picked up at Michaels for our hanging piece.
I love how the wreath turned out. You'll notice that I started with two poinsettia flowers but when it came time to add the second one I felt that one was enough. Now i have another flower to use somewhere else. I call that a crafting bonus.