Monday, October 10, 2011

Cabin Vacation

The weather is beginning to cool down and the leaves are starting to change up in the mountains.  It's one of my favorite times of the year.  It's not too hot, it's not too cold.  You can leave a window open at night and sleep with fresh air.  I just love it.  The cold weather isn't too far away so I'll enjoy as much of this cool weather as I can.  

This past weekend we headed to a cabin just outside of Helen, GA for a few days with friends.  The cabin was a 3-story house that sleeps 12.  It had a pretty big game room downstairs and a hot tub.  Stephen and I didn't have to pay for our room Saturday night (we were only there one of the 3 nights) as long as we brought food for dinner.  Done!  We made some pretty awesome pork-chop sandwiches with grilled veggies.  

The big thing that night was learning how to play Black Jack.  A few of us are heading out to Vegas in December and we'll be doing a lot of gambling, mostly Black Jack, and I want to be able to participate.  Richard is a fantastic teacher and he walked through the strategy and thinking behind the game with me and then we played a bunch of rounds where we walked through scenarios.  I'm pretty comfortable that I understand what to do so now I want to practice, just so I'm comfortable.  Bring it Vegas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment