Monday, October 3, 2011

Homemade Hot Pockets

I'll say it again - The Food Network Magazine is my very favorite.  I get excited every month when it pops up in my mailbox.  I always sit down with the magazine and read through from front to back, reading every article and all the recipes.  From that I make a list of what I want to attempt to cook.



Another new recipe for this week was one of their French Bread Roll-up recipes. (I'd already made one of their 50 Stuffed Potatoes - the pizza Potato earlier in the week.)  Basically, the roll-ups are homemade Hot Pockets.  The website doesn't have the recipe online or I'd link to it, but it goes like this:

  • Mix in a medium bowl all of the ingredients you want inside you're pastry.  We had gorgonzola cheese with some chopped deli ham with dijon mustard - a fancy Grilled Cheese sandwich.  
  • Take a can of refrigerated french bread dough, cut the dough into 4 equal parts and roll out each part on a floured surface until it's 8"x6".  Place a quarter of your stuffing mix inside each of the dough rectangles and fold them up.  
  • Lay the assembled pockets on a baking sheet, opening side down.  Brush the tops of the pockets with an egg wash (one egg beaten with a tablespoon of water).  I only did the top, but I'd recommend the entire pocket.  We also sprinkled with salt & pepper
  • Bake in a 425 degree oven for 18 min, until the tops of the pockets are golden brown.  


It's soo good!  These will definitely become part of our menu rotation - there are so many things you can do with them!  We had some left over filling so Stephen added them to my omelet Sunday morning.  Yes, he made me an omelet.  




No comments:

Post a Comment