Friday, April 20, 2012

He put a ring on it!

That phrase is so common now, but it works for me!  Two days ago Stephen proposed after work.  Just a regular Wednesday evening before we were headed out for a 3-mile run.  It went from just another day to the best day of my life.

I've known he was the man I was going to marry for a few months now.  He and I even started talking about it around January, after I caught the bouquet at my friend's wedding New Year's Eve.  Even though I knew it was coming, he still found a way to surprise me and catch me when I least expected it.

Here it is, my gorgeous engagement ring!  The gem stones are garnet, that's a question I'm getting a lot from the ladies I've texted a picture to.  (Yep, I had to get a manicure at lunch so my fingers would look nice in the "official picture"!)



When Stephen first asked me what type of ring I wanted, I knew I didn't want something traditional.  I didn't want the diamond ring, I wanted my ring to be different.  I showed him a couple of rings with gem stones and let him do the rest.  On Valentine's Day he asked me to go downstairs to a jeweler in my building to get my finger sized.  Pretty nice Valentine's Day gift if you ask me.

So I've known for about 2 months that he was ring shopping, but I had no idea when he was going to propose.  We started looking for honeymoon locations together - somewhere warm, with a beach and some fun activities.  It took a few weeks but we decided on Jamaica.

I'm a planner, I love to plan things.  Give me a project, I'll give you the steps needed to complete it.  Bring it on Wedding Planning!  I have a feeling this blog will start to fill up with wedding ideas as well as the stresses of what planning a wedding brings with it.

The countdown to August 17, 2012 has officially begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment