Friday, April 13, 2012

I need HBO for Girls

We don't have cable television in our house.  We're okay with it.  It saves money, we don't spend evenings in front of a History Channel marathon on crayons or something similar and I hate Comcast.  If there was a way for me to get wi-fi in my house without using Comcast I would.  I definitely don't want to give them more money for cable.

Until now.  This morning in my 5 minutes that I watch The Today Show, Brian Williams' daughter, Allison Williams, was giving an interview about her new HBO series, Girls.  She's absolutely gorgeous, has an amazing voice and a beautiful personality (not to mention awesome dad) so I was intrigued to do more research.  PS - did you know she also graduated from Yale?  She's also written and acted in some Funny or Die skits.

Click here for the HBO official website with clips and trailers.

I need this.  I need this show in my TV Sunday nights.  Not sold yet - Judd Apatow is an Executive Producer.  The lead female actress, Lena Dunham, is also the Executive Producer, Director and Writer.  She doesn't look a day over 25 (She'll actually be 26 next month).  There is no way she's that accomplished and her she is with a show on HBO.  I looked at her IMDB page and I don't recognize a single thing she's been in.

I need a friend with HBO to set up a weekly date with me, at their house, so I can watch this show.  It looks like it's only been shot for 6 episodes, that's not too much to ask, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment