Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Eve6 - blast from the past!

You know how you feel old?  Your favorite band from high school is making a comeback and does a small show at a Hooters in Downtown Atlanta during lunch hour.  That's where I got to see Eve6 for the 2nd time.


When I was 16 I was lucky enough to get a car.  When I got that car, one of the very first places I drove was to an Eve6 concert at The House of Blues.  They were opening for Third Eye Blind.  Their song Inside Out is one of my all time favorite songs.  If it comes on the radio, I can't help but turn it up and sing along as loud as I can.  That basically goes for the entire first CD.

I really hope that they are able to make a comeback.  It's been about 8 years since their last album was released.  If they are anything like me, they've grown up a lot in that time and it will be interesting to hear what they have to say now.

The performance was okay.  They only played three songs, two new and the classic, Inside Out.  It would have been more exciting for all of us around 30-somethings to hear the old stuff we love.  They were also 40 minutes late coming on stage.  It meant we had to bolt out of there after their last song to get back to our meetings at the office.  Not cool, guys.  It was really fun to be at Hooters, at lunch, in business casual clothes listening to 90s flashback live music.

Bring it Eve6.

No comments:

Post a Comment