Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Puppy Training...so far

We've had cute, little Goose for 5 days now.  If you want my honest opinion on how we are doing - tired. For me, being tired leads to frustration and laziness.  The latter is something that I don't have the opportunity to be anymore which is making being tired even more difficult.  I have also lost the "wedding hours" that I enjoyed at lunch everyday.  Now I have to go home to let Goose out, then Mabel then walk Goose in the slight chance that he decides to poop.

The good news is that last night he only woke us up once at 2:30am and went potty as soon as we took him outside.  He didn't walk around the backyard for 5-10 minutes like he did the first few nights.  It still takes him a walk to go #2, but if he doesn't do that in the house, a walk is worth it.

Walks are another thing - on the way out of the house he hates the walk, he fights me most of the way around the block.  Then when we're on the final 1/4 of a block home he tries to pull me along.  What's up with that?!  I've never had to train a puppy so all of it is new to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the little guy, I just can't wait for him to be housebroken.  It would be much easier to only have to go outside ONCE with Mabel and Goose at the same time for potty breaks.

He won't be a puppy forever.  I know that.  I'm just being honest.  He's a handful right now.  In a month or two this will all be history.  And let's be honest, in the grand scheme of things, a few months is nothing.  I've said it before, Thank God for Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment