Thursday, February 17, 2011

Turning back time

The Drive-in.  It reminds me of simpler times.  Of packing friends into a car and catching the latest flick.  It reminds me of the movie Grease.  The song Stranded at the Drive-in.  I'm not sure about you, but it just makes me feel happy.

I'd heard that Atlanta still has one drive-in left, but I didn't realize how close it is to my apartment.  I called one of my friends to see what she was up to and she was heading to catch a movie, any movie, at the Starlight Six drive-in and asked if I wanted to join.  HECK YES!  They have movies around 8:30 and 10:00.

The movie, The Green Hornet, was 100% horrible but we had a blast.  We brought a bottle of wine and some homemade cookies for our snacks.  The show was so bad that by the end of it we were talking and not even watching the movie.  I give it an F.

I've now found my I-don't-know-what-to-do-tonight outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment