Friday, February 18, 2011

And the winner is....

Last night was the Atlanta Ad Club's ADDY Awards. The awards recognize creative excellence in advertising.  I'm in the media department, so none of my actual work was up for awards, but projects I negotiated were nominated.  I've only been at my new agency for 7 months, so it was a lot of USMC work that I was hoping would win - and they did!  The USMC team won two Golds and two Bronze awards.  I was so proud of them.  I know how much hard work went into the projects. 


My current agency definitely didn't go home empty handed.  We won the following awards:


Cheerwine “Forest Dance Off” won a gold in TV
Cheerwine “Chillest Ride won a gold for vehicle graphics
Cheerwine “Chillest Ride” won a silver for sweepstakes
Cheerwine “Long live leisure” won a silver for illustration
Food Lion “Neighborly Practice/ACC” won a bronze for TV
Georgia Aquarium “Belugas” won a bronze for TV
Vortex print won a bronze for newspaper ads
Vortex print won another bronze for newspaper ads



NICE WORK!!  It was my first time attending the awards and it was totally different than I thought it would be.  The event was held at the 755 Club at Turner Field with plenty of open bars.  About 1/3 of the way through the awards presentation the emcee had lost control of the room and most people were just walking around talking and drinking.  Fine with me!  


Check out Turner Field completely empty at night



No comments:

Post a Comment