Monday, February 28, 2011

The weekend with "no plans"

My weekend started out 100% void of plans.  I was excited.  I had time to clean, do some laundry and catch up on some TV programs that I've been trying to get into.  By noon on Saturday my plans were foiled.

Saturday I attended my second Oysterfest.  And for those keeping track, it was my 3rd festival in 3 weeks. Hurray for nice weather!  This Oysterfest was held at Steamhouse Lounge, an actual seafood place, and was HUGE.  I'd guess 4 to 5 times larger than the one at Park Tavern two weeks ago.  I went with a pretty big group of friends, ran into another group and had a blast.  And this time I even ate some oysters.  Saturday night I was in bed by 9:30.  Nine hours of drinking will put you right to sleep.

As you can tell from the pictures, it was another glorious spring day in Atlanta.




Sunday I spent with my favorite family with a 7-month-old.  Because it was still so nice outside, it was perfect to take the wee one to the park for the first time.  Now she's been to the park with her nanny, but it was the first time Whit and I got to take her.  She LOVED the swing and looking at all of the other babies.  The slide with mom wasn't her favorite until she got to the bottom of the slide and taking pictures with Aunt Katie was exactly opposite of what she wanted to do.  

As soon as the two of us sat down to take a picture, the shoes went in the mouth.  This was the only time all day that the shoes went in the mouth.  Just for pictures with me.  I'll save you from the 10+ pictures that we took trying to get a good one, here is a pretty good sample of what they look like.  



All of the nice weather is coming to an end.  We should have some pretty severe storms coming in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment