Friday, February 11, 2011

Meatloaf and my new love


Last night I made my first big meal in the apartment and it was a brand new recipe.  Mini Meatloafs!  I’ve made meatloaf many, many times before, but they have always been the full, loaf sized ones like my mom taught me to make.  For my trial run I had my friend, Nicole, come over for dinner so I wouldn’t have a ton of leftovers.  And admit it, it’s much better to cook for 2+ people than just yourself. 



Along with the meatloaf I served asparagus and rosemary roasted potatoes.  So yummy.  The potatoes were a little crispy, but still good and the meatloaf had to cook extra 10 minuets, but in the end we each cleaned our plates.  We chatted and watched TV all evening.  It was the perfect evening after a very stressful day at the office.  

This morning we got the following email:  "Bagels. Fresh. Kitchen. Go." We were lucky nobody was trampled on the way to the kitchen.  Food goes fast around here.  Now bagels are nothing new to me, but the cream cheese selection today was a choice of one: Garden Veggies.  I was hesitant at first but you legally can't have a bagel without cream cheese so I dug in.  OMG - why have I never had it before?!?  I'm in love.  Thank you random rep for bringing in the food, the first 12 people into the kitchen thank you. 



I've made it 11 days with new things every day.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me.  Monday's post will be a long one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment