Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to High School

I'm still struggling with how to keep motivated to run 4x a week.  I want to run, I know I'll feel better when I'm done, but some days I can't get myself off the couch.  One problem I was having was with the music I was listening to.  I have some good, upbeat stuff, but I don't want to get bored.  So, I went back to my club volleyball days in high school and thought about what I would use to pump myself up before games.  One CD came to mind - Booty Mix 2.


It's full of '90s classics and just what I needed.  I bought Booty Mix 2 and it's sister, Booty Mix 3 on Amazon.com and they were delivered yesterday.  I made a new playlist for my iphone and I hit the road.  Check out the songs:

1. Shake A Lil' Somethin' - 2 Live Crew
2. Hear What I Hear - Kilo
3. Scarred - Luke
4. Heiny Heiny - 95 South
5. Give It All You Got - Afro-rican
6. Tootsie Roll - 69 Boyz
7. 2 Much Booty (In The Pants) - Soundmaster T
8. Can't Stop The Rock - D.J. Kizzy Rock
9. Get Retarded - K.J. & Da Fellas
10. Dickey Ride - Southern Playas
11. Run Forest Run - Get Some Crew
12. Bass Mechanic - M.C.A.D.E.
13. Booty Bounce - Goon Sqwad
14. Work It Out - M.C. Shy-D
15. Shake Watcha Mama Gave Ya - Poison Clan



My favorites being Scarred, 2 Much Booty and Run Forest Run.  I need to really work on the playlist to make sure those 3 songs play when I'm approaching the 2 mile mark and I'm getting tired.

Technically, this isn't a 'new thing' for me - but I haven't had the CD since 1998 - so there should be a 10 year plus caveat.

1 comment: