Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New beers - yum

I love Taco Mac.  I love all the new and different beers I get to try when I go there.  For those of you who don't know, Taco Mac has one of the most extensive beer lists in Atlanta and it changes every day from location to location.  If you are a member of the Brewniversity they keep track of the different beers you've tried and when you hit certain numbers you get prizes.  I'm up to 49 beers - since Dec 2009.  I don't have the regular beers like Coors Light on my list, so I'm sure the number should be higher.  I'm pretty impressed with myself.  Last night I added two new beers.


The first was the Coney Island Albino Python made by the Shmaltz Brewing Comany.  It is a white lager brewed with ginger, orange peel and crushed fennel seed.  Very unique, but very delicious.  I like lighter beers most days and this one definitely hit the spot.



The second beer I tried was the Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier.  YUM!  I've never seen this one in the stores, but if I do, it's mine, all mine.  You can definitely taste the blackberries in the beer and the aroma is delightful.  It almost tastes like a breakfast cereal bar, according to Daniel.  I agree with him.

That's the bonus of Taco Mac, you get to try new beers every time you go and every now and then you hit the jackpot and find one or two that will stick with you.  I hope to find these at the liquor store soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment