Friday, April 29, 2011

Setting off the Alarm - oops

Yesterday was Day 1 of dog sitting for the cutie, Mabel, Stephen's pup.  He's out of town for the weekend and I get dog duty.  I grew up with a dog in the house, the best dog in the world, Baren, and I used to dog sit for an old boss all the time, so I know how to take care of a dog.  But for what ever reason I was really nervous about watching Mabel.  Maybe because she hasn't had tons of time to get to know me and trust me or maybe because Stephen and I are so new, but I don't want to mess anything up.



I was also nervous about setting off the house alarm.  It's not hard - there are 5 buttons to push to disarm and 6 to push to arm.  Everything went great getting into the house.  Then it was time to leave.  I put Mabel away, set the alarm and left the house, all good.  Then I realized my keys were in the house.  Back in I went, causing Mabel to cry and I couldn't find my keys.  Remember how I said there are 5 buttons to push to disarm... yeah, I only hit 4.  The alarm went off.  I'm such an idiot.  HA.  The nice man at the security company called and we had a laugh.  Now I'm even more nervous.  It's not hard, I should be able to do this.



Last night was also the last game of the Magic v Hawks series and I went with Micah.  We had seats in the Suite on Friday night and last night we were in the lower level.  As we were walking into the stadium I joked that we'd be on the KISS CAM.  He didn't believe me.  Well what the heck do you think happened - we were on the freaking KISS CAM!!  I turned bright red and put my head down, he laughed, smiled and shook his head no and then hugged me.  My DREAM of being on the big screen came true, and I'm with a friend.  I've been getting texts all night and day from people who saw us.  Hilarious.  I can't wait for work to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment