Friday, April 1, 2011

Dip 'n Dab

All set up and ready to go!

Last night I headed to painting studio, Dip 'n Dab, with the one and only Kristen O.  Dip 'n Dab is one of a few different places around town that make painting fun (Sips 'n Swirls, Cork & Canvas are the other ones I know of).  It works like this: you pick a night to go paint based on their picture from their calendar.  You show up with a bottle of wine, some food and get ready to get messy (we accomplished all 3 last night).  Then the instructor walks you though each step of the painting while you sip on your wine and try to keep up.

Halfway finished.  Drying break.

We chose to paint the wheat field, or field of dreams, I can't remember.  I was really nervous going into it, but it wasn't that bad.  We actually did everything in the picture above (except for the clouds) with a plastic knife.  Like spreading peanut butter!  The next step was to put in the grass.  Not as great as I wanted it to be, but I'm not repulsed by my painting, so I'll keep it.  

The finished product

I told Kristen, one day, when I'm super rich and have a huge house I'm going to have one room dedicated to all of my paintings.  Future husband - get excited.

tada!

1 comment: