Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just a flick of the wrist

Yesterday after work I met some friends at Piedmont Park.  We wanted to hang out, but enjoy the wonderful evening weather and throw a ball or two around.  We had a soccer ball, a frisbee and a football. I'm good with the first two, but throwing a football has never been a skill of mine.  I can't seem to get the spiral.  So the evening became "get Katie to throw a perfect spiral night".  Awesome, because I'm so good with taking criticism from friends.  Especially when it's about something that I can't do well.  I was pretty nervous.  THEN I GOT IT.  Whoo hoo! I learned to throw a spiral.  It's a completely different motion than what I do when hitting a volleyball, so it took some concentration.

Some days, it's the little things that make me happy.  I was also complimented on my accurate and fast frisbee skills.  The early Saturday morning frisbee games last year seem to have paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment