Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grilled Cheese and The Fighter

Last night was a stormy night in the South so I didn't have too many plans other than to stay inside and hope the tornadoes didn't come my way.  My heart goes out to everyone in Tuscaloosa after last night's storm.  If you haven't seen the video of the tornado, go check it out.  We knew these storms were heading to Georgia so we were a little nervous.

candid shot, had to be sneaky, sorry for the bad lighting :)

The night started with making dinner - Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup.  Doesn't sound new, I make it all the time with two slices of Kraft American cheese and some Campbell's Soup, the easiest meal next to a bowl of cereal in my house.  But this was different, Stephen was cooking and added his own touch.  We had the V-8 Tomato Soup - why didn't I know about this before?!?!  I've converted from my traditional soup in a can, I won't go back.  Then our sandwiches had not one, not two, but three cheeses and BACON!  


Dinner was so simple, and SO delicious.  This was our second package of bacon this week... not sure how I feel about that.  



Then we headed off to watch The Fighter with friends.  After all of the Oscar hype a few months ago, I knew the movie would be good but I wasn't expecting how great Christian Bale was going to be playing Dicky Eklund.  There were times I forgot who was acting.  And then the interview at the end of the film with the actual brothers - Dicky was so similar to Christian's character it was frightening.  He was well deserving of that Oscar.  Amy Adams was also great in the film, such a dramatic change from her usual roles.  I highly recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it already.  The boxing scenes are tough to watch at times, but the acting is spectacular. 



This morning I read that the mother of the real Micky and Dicky, Alice Ward, who was played by Melissa Leo, passed away last night.  Very sad news, especially after just watching the movie.  She was survived by 9 children and if their family is anything like in the film, she was loved by all of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment