Monday, April 18, 2011

Why are weekends so short?

This past weekend was beyond wonderful.  Not a single moment was I unhappy, or stressed or bored, it was just fantastic.

Friday night was pretty stormy so a few of us went to a friends house and played a dirty version of the game Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity.  It was hilarious.  It's not a game for those who are afraid of being politically incorrect or those who are afraid of some pretty graphic terms.  There were several moments where we laughed until we cried at some of the phrases or groupings of words.  I'd played Apples to Apples before and loved it, CAH takes it to another level.  Love it.

Saturday morning was pretty hectic while I was getting ready for the big, pre Dogwood Festival BBQ we were having at my house.  Me and my two neighbors hosted the event and it was a huge success.  The house is pretty much perfect for large outdoor gatherings.  We had time in the backyard and then moved to the front yard and continued to enjoy the weather.  I'm pretty lucky that I spend all day, 5 days a week, with so many great people and then we all still want to see each other on the weekends too.  It was also a chance for Stephen to meet a huge group of my friends and everything went well, but I wasn't worried.  It was our first big BBQ at the house and I love how easy it was.  I can't wait to do it again.

Sunday was spend recovering from Saturday which meant sleeping in until noon before I started all of my "chores".  I got all the must-do stuff done pretty quickly then went back to the Dogwood Festival to actually get to see some of the art.  Because the weather was so nice it was PACKED.  I didn't buy anything because the prices are pretty steep, but it was fun to look around and people watch.

The weekend finished watching some hockey and eating ice cream and drinking some beer.  Pretty spectacular.

I can't wait to see what this weekend has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment