Thursday, May 5, 2011

Take me out to the Ball Game!

Last night was the first double header of the season for the Braves because of rain the night before.  The Braves are in the middle of a series with the Brewers.  Doesn't sound super exciting, I know, UNTIL you hear the greatest story.



One of my very best friends comes from a family of baseball pitchers.  All three boys have had success in high school and college.  The youngest brother, Mike McClendon, has had the longest career in AAA.  Last season he was called up for 4 months to play for the Brewers.  It was awesome to see him pitch on television.  I freaked out every game I was able to watch.  At the start of this season he was still down in AAA.  Not anymore!  Last night he got the call that he'll be back in the bigs, just in time for tonight's game in Atlanta!

Check it out

I'll be heading back to my 2nd night and 3rd Braves game tonight.  I'm so excited.  I've never seen him pitch in person.  My camera is ready and I'll have pictures tomorrow.


In other news...

Monday night Stephen took me out for our official 3rd date and we went to Wisteria in Inman Park.  I've been dying to go to Wisteria for years.  YEARS!  I never wanted to go with just friends, I always wanted it to be a date, but they guy had to come up with it on his own.  Stephen was the first guy to get it right.  I'm not sure I've had such a delicious meal.  It beats Top Flr, but not by much.  I would go back to Wisteria night after night.  Our service was great, the wine delicious, and our entrees were unbelievable.  I had the scallops over risotto and Stephen had the shrimp and grits.  Every last bite was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment