Monday, May 23, 2011

Meaghan and Joe's wedding weekend

What a beautiful weekend.  I can't say enough about how wonderful it was to be home with family and friends over the weekend to witness the union of my beautiful step-sister, Meaghan, and her fiancee, Joe.  I hate that I don't have pictures to post yet, but I'll do my best to get them posted tomorrow.

Thursday, I flew home and was picked up with my dad and then headed out to dinner with the gang at The Ale House.  I love the Ale House, boy do I miss it.  We have similar bar/restaurants here, but they don't feel the same.

Friday is when the craziness began.  While it was crazy and we were all so super busy, I must say that Meaghan and Tina, the MOH, held everything together perfectly.  Friday morning Tina, Bonnie and I headed out to get our nails done before headed to the Bridesmaid luncheon at Sweetwater Country Club.  From the lunch we then had to go pick up the wedding gown and drop it off where the ladies would be getting ready the next morning.  Then back to the house to get ready to race off to the Rehearsal at the church.  From the Rehearsal to the Rehearsal Dinner then back to the house for the Lingerie Party.  What a day!  Everything was beautiful.  Meaghan was so sweet to the moms and the bridal party - every bride should be as generous as she was.

The Rehearsal didn't start as smoothly as it could have with the groom and all his men arriving about an hour late.  But this didn't stop us, we proceeded to rehearse with stand ins for Joe and the men - cue the Deegans.

Saturday went off without a hitch.  The weather was beautiful ( HOT, but beautiful) and the church looked amazing.  But nothing compared to how beautiful Meaghan looked in her gown.  She literally stopped traffic while we were taking pictures outside of the church.  I've never seen a dress fit a bride more perfectly than her dress fit her.  And while she always looks beautiful, there was a special glwo about her on Saturday.  Pictures to come soon.

The ceremony was well done and with only one small incident (a fainting groomsman - to respect him, no more details online) Joe and Meaghan became husband and wife.  And boy were they excited.  Then it was on to the reception where we danced our butts off.

The weekend went by in such a blur and it was worth every moment.  I hope Meaghan and Joe are enjoying their time in Jamaica!  

Besides all of the above (and it seems silly to mention in a post about something as special and important as marriage) I went shopping Sunday before heading to the airport.  I'm now the proud owner of my very first designer bag:


Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment