Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yeah, I'm dating the Goalie

Last night I went to one of Stephen's soccer games.  I know this might not be exciting to most people, but it was really exciting for me.  At one point in my life I was a pretty darn good volleyball player and I was very competitive.  I loved when people came to watch me play.  In the 10+ years since high school my athletic abilities have slowly started to fade (which is why I'm sticking to running for now) and I'm not nearly as good as I used to be.  But it's because of this that I really enjoyed watching Stephen play.

It's exciting to see someone who, even as an adult, gets out on the field once a week to give it all he has.  They won the game and I was super proud of my man - he played well.  He's pretty bruised and bloody from the game, but you aren't giving it your all if you don't leave part of you on the field.  It was dark and I didn't bring a good camera with me, so I don't have any pictures.

On a side note - they play at the Atlanta Silverbacks Park, a huge complex of soccer fields just outside the perimeter.  I knew it was there and I'd never been.  It was pretty awesome.  The field Stephen's team played on was at the top of a hill.  Without a net around the edge.... every ball that missed the goal flew off the side of the hill and someone had to chase it.  BIG fail Atlanta Silverbacks Park!  Fix that!  I would have assumed that it would be priority #1 after laying down the turf... but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment