Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Good Guy



Last night I watched another movie that I got on Netflix, The Good Guy, starring Alexis Bledel.  It's weird, I'll basically watch any movie she's in.  I think she's a great actress and I always enjoy her characters.  Maybe it's because she plays a similar role in every film?  

The basic plot goes like this: Cute girl, Beth, in NYC is dating Wall Street guy, Tommy, who looks like Prince Charming.  He's on top of his game and successful at work and he's making her fall in love with him. As the film goes on you learn more and more about Tommy and his co-workers.  For me it was another example of first impressions don't always tell the whole story.  It's for this very reason that if I meet someone and they ask me out and I'm interested enough to give my number, I'll go on a date.  I always want to give someone a chance to show me who they are.



I give the move a 4 out of 5.  It's nothing original, it's the good guy vs the bad guy story but I wanted it to go on 30 minutes longer, so that has to mean something.  It felt like it flew by.  I recommend it for those looking for a nice chick flick to watch with a glass of wine.  I drank two glasses and ate a small bowl of ice cream.  Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment