Monday, March 14, 2011

Best Week of the Year

I strongly believe that the best week of the year is March 11 - March 17.  A lot happens in those few days: the SEC Basketball Tournament, my birthday, the birthday of an unusual number of my friends, the start of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament and of course, my favorite holiday, St. Patrick's Day.  Today is day 4 of the best week of the year, my birthday.  I'm beginning my last year of my 20s.

The first 3 days of the week couldn't have been more prefect.  The weather was gorgeous so I was outside as much as possible.  Friday night was the first game for the Gators in the SEC Tournament.  We kicked UT's ass - 85-74.  Thank goodness.



Saturday I ran some errands then went to the park with a friend.  Everyone else in Atlanta had the same idea, but the park didn't feel crowded.  I'm so lucky to live so close to such a great park - you know where to find me in the next couple of months.  

From one of the hills towards Park Tavern

Saturday night I went out to celebrate my birthday.  It started with dinner at HobNob in Midtown with my three best friends then we went to Cypress Street to meet up with everyone else.  I have the best group of friends.  After a few hours I didn't want to sit still anymore so a group of us were talked into going next door to Halo, a dance club.  I haven't been to a club in YEARS.  We had fun, danced and drank.  It was 4am by the time I got home.  I'm nuts, but I don't have a single picture to share from that night.  Oops!

Sunday I needed to recover from dancing and I had a lot of errands to run so I decided to stay within 5 blocks of my house and do what I could walking.  I walked to Barnes & Noble on the GA Tech campus.  It wasn't a quick walk, but in no way bad.  This weekend was the Anime Convention at Tech.  People watching at it's finest.  DragonCon draws people of all ages, this convention really looked like high school and college kids only.  I should have taken more pictures, but I only had my phone with me.  

This group was putting on some sort of battle... in costume

My last errand was grocery shopping so I decided to try to do my week's worth of shopping at Trader Joe's only.  Some of the food was cheaper than I thought it would be, which was a nice surprise, while some stuff was far more expensive than at a regular grocery store.  Most of my purchases were frozen foods and pantry items but the cheese was much cheaper than Publix, so I'll def buy TJ cheese only moving forward.  I didn't get everything I needed, but I def got enough to get me through the week.



Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment