Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Scott Pilgram vs. The World

I love Netflix.  It allows you to watch movies and shows you'd never think to watch.  Last night I watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.  Netflix guessed that I'd give it 2.5 stars, it was close, I give it 2.  When you have a queue of over 100 movies or shows, there is bound to be a bad apple.


The movie is based on a comic book, but that usually doesn't automatically mean I'm going to hate the movie.  I love the Batman movies.  Ironman is fun.  This one was too weird for me and I couldn't connect with the characters.  For me, the best part of the movie were Scott's roommate, played by Kieran Culkin, and his sister played by Anna Kendrick.  I would have watched a movie just based on the two of them.

I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this movie, but can we stop giving Michael Cera leading roles?  He's trapped in one really long Juno movie. His characters are always exactly the same.  It's time to move on.


I did get another run in last night.  It took a lot of convincing by myself to do it.  It felt great to be done, but getting out there was hard.  It's better to run outside because once you're halfway done, you can't stop, you still have to make it home.  I felt like stopping after a little over a mile.  Too bad, Deegan, you're still over a mile away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment