Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Real Chow Baby

At the office, we go out to lunch a lot.  Some people go to lunch every day.  I try to keep it to once or twice a week.  With that many days going out, you really get to know the lunch places around the office and those that aren't too far away.

There are also two distinct groups who go to lunch - the boys and the girls.  And they don't mix.  There is one guy who every now and then will lunch with the girls, but girls are never even invited with the guys.  It's the way it is.  There is no changing it.



The boy lunch group goes to The Real Chow Baby quite often and the rave about it, so for my birthday lunch with the girls we headed that way to check it out.  They call themselves "new American stir fry" but basically it's a build your own stir fry bowl.  Once you sit down you get your little wooden stick to write your name then you head to the buffet line.  You pick your rice or noodles, your veggies, then your protein, then your sauce then seasoning and hand it to the stir fry guy and they bring it out to your table when it's done.  They have TONS of choices so you can probably try a new meal each and every time you go.  I was quite impressed.  I filled my bowl with brown rice, lots of green veggies, some beef and shrimp and then topped it off with teriyaki sauce.

(not my meal, but you get the idea)

The food was delicious!  Now I will say my food didn't come out right, I ended up with salmon instead of shrimp and it took a good 15 minutes to get my shrimp after I told our waiter, but the food itself was great.  I highly recommend Chow Baby.

One of the girls in our group brought up the good idea that there should be a pizza place like this place.  There are build your own taco places, build your own stir fry - why not pizza!?

No comments:

Post a Comment