Monday, March 7, 2011

Sister Weekend 2011


Sisters are fantastic.  Really, there is no one like them.  I’m so grateful that I had a weekend with my sister and stepsisters.  We had a blast.  DC was just right for our first trip together.  I was also my first trip to DC for fun.  I've probably been 5+ times in the past 3 years, but always for work.  It's far better visiting for pleasure!!

yep - they're crazy

I don’t have all of my pictures yet (I’ll have them for tomorrow’s post - check back!!), but there was a lot of drinking, eating and walking around.  Just what we wanted. 

Friday night Bonnie and I got in after Meaghan and Tina and met the two of them at Bar Dupont.  What a fun scene.  We drank and people watched before moving on to Kramerbooks & Afterwords.  I’ve never seen anything like it – a tiny little book store with live music a bar and people everywhere!  We continued to walk around looking for a bar before heading back to the hotel and hitting up the bar there, which was hopping. 

Saturday we started at the Eastern Market for breakfast and to do some shopping.  We had to wait more than 30 min in line for our food, but it was beyond worth it.  The Market was full of jewelry, crafts and art.  From there we headed to the Mall to do our own monument tour.  We started walking towards the Washington Monument, past the WWII Memorial and then to the Lincoln Memorial.   Absolutely amazing.  The Reflecting Pond was drained for maintenance, which was a complete bummer.



From there we walked to Georgetown to do some shopping!  Whoo hoo!  The area was PACKED.  It reminded me of SoHo, but the buildings are much cuter with their DC charm.  After a few hours of shopping we walked back to the hotel for our 5-6 happy hour of FREE WINE in the lobby.  Yes, please and thank you! 

We headed to Lauriol  Plaza which has to be the best Mexican food I’ve had in a long time.  There was a crazy wait so we drank a pitcher of frozen margaritas and chatted.  Tina talked about how great the food was, but I wasn’t really ready for how good it really was.  I’m going to try to make that a “must eat” restaurant every time I’m in town. 

Sunday was icky and rainy so we went to brunch and drank away our last morning.  Unlimited Bellini’s – YES!  The best part of Sunday was that we could have been anywhere in the world and had just as much fun as we had just sitting together and eating and drinking.  That’s how I know our trips will continue to be great for years and years to come. 



The ride to the airport was long and rainy and Bonnie and I didn’t want to have to say good-bye.  At least we know we’ll all see each other in 2 months for Meaghan’s wedding!!  Two days in town and I’ll need 3 dresses.  Shopping starts today.  So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment