Thursday, March 24, 2011

I really said I'd do that?

Yesterday started out normal.  I woke up, got to work a little early, worked hard and did good work.

When I got home I made mussels for dinner.  I've never cooked them before and they were delicious and so super easy.  I cheated and got the frozen mussels from Publix and they cook in just 7 minutes and have sauce with them already.  I served them (to myself) over some spaghetti and light tomato sauce.  The only thing I was missing was the toasty bread to go with it.  Next time.  And I'm not sick!  I was really worried that I'd get sick from the frozen seafood, but I'm safe.

Here is where I surprise myself - while cooking dinner I agreed to go on a blind date with the brother of a guy and old co-worker has started dating.  I'll give you a second to work that out in your head.   Yep, I'll be going on a blind date.  I don't know much about him, but my friend has given him the thumbs up, so that's all I can go on right now.  I know I'm not going to meet someone at a bar, so maybe this is the right way to do it.  He now has my phone number and he'll be calling sometime today or tomorrow to set up our date.  I hope it's soon so I can stop thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment